Gluten Free Broccoli Rabe and Portobello Pasta
I just discovered broccoli rabe after being on the SCD diet for 4 months. It’s so delicious! Here’s a recipe for you to enjoy it 🙂 Still trying to perfect it..
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound of pasta such as fusilli or penne (I used buckwheat to be gluten-free! OMIT if SCD)
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 portobello mushroom, cut in thin slices
- 1/3 cup raw pecan, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- Grated Parmesan (LEAVE OUT for dairy free)
- ** Adding chopped fresh sage and some dried oregano makes it tastier.
- ** using chicken stock instead of pasta water is a better option
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Add broccoli rabe 2 minutes before pasta is done cooking. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water and set aside; drain pasta mixture.
- Add mushrooms into skillet and let sweat and brown for about 7 minutes. Add olive oil and walnuts and cook until pecans are toasted, 3 minutes. (Optional: add about 1/2 cup of chicken stock). Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pasta mixture; toss to combine, adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan.