Califlower Crust Pizza
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!
I don’t usually go to BuzzFeed for recipes and inspiration for food, more for cute animal photos and Jennifer Lawrence memes, but a friend forwarded this recipe over to me and I thought.. this could totally be SCD modified and looks DELICIOUS!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
Serves 2 What You’ll Need:
For the crust:
2 cups grated cauliflower (about 1/2 a head)
1/2 cup yogurt (SCD)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Dash of sea salt
For the topping:
3/4 cup of your favorite store-bought or homemade marinara sauce
1/2 cup of grated mozzarella (SCD prohibits it)
Choice of cooked vegetables (optional)
1 large baking sheet (about 11×18 inches)
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, prepare the cauliflower by pulsing florets until they take on a grainy or grated texture.
- Place 2 cups of the grated cauliflower into a clean, thin dish towel. Wrap it up in the middle and twist closed, squeezing out all the moisture.
- Place the dry cauliflower into a bowl and add the yogurt, eggs, and spices. (Note: Italian seasoning includes dried marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, and basil. If it’s more convenient, replace the Italian seasoning with dried oregano, basil, or thyme alone.)
- Fold the mixture until everything is evenly combined.
- Place the cauliflower “dough” onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread the mixture with your hands until it is about 3/4-inch thick. This is your crust!
- Bake the crust for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm enough to hold its shape.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, and your choice of veggies. (I used cooked artichokes and a roasted red pepper from the can, which I drained and chopped.)
- Pop the pizza back into the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted