Recipes, SCD, follow my journey!
Merry Christmas everyone! I have not posted as often as I’d like but here’s a recipe for you =) decided to treat myself today with some grease since I’ve been healing so well after homemade yogurt!
Maybe you can help me come up with a better name. This makes two servings but I eat it all by myself =)
1/2 lb. Ground beef (grass fed delicious)
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
3 large crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon tumeric
Dash of nutmeg Salt and pepper
SCD legal cheese (optional) – I grated 6 year old parmasean cheese. Read labels!
1. Mix half your beaten egg with ground beef, parsley, dry spices, salt and pepper. Make four little paddies, first making round meatballs and throwing against palms of your hands to make them stick together. Then mash flatly with palms.
2. Heat your mushrooms in a skillet on medium heat, let brown and then flip and cover skillet. Add salt and pepper turn off heat.
3. Use coconut oil to line your skillet and cook your burgers to desired wellness. Since my GI tract is still healing, I cook to well done. Remove burgers from skillet and allow oil to drop onto paper towels.
4. Throw onions in and let brown and get crispy! Then let oil drip again.
5. Fry the rest of your egg.
6. Plating time! I like paddies on the bottom, then crispy onions, then mushrooms, egg, and avocado. Then I drizzled cheese over it and added some salt and pepper. Can also serve with SCD legal mustard, mayo, and ketchup. =) enjoy!